3/23/09

Yesterday i had some car trouble. it wasn't a lot of fun. this past week, i needed to change my oil in my new car (when i say new, i use that word loosely, 97 Dodge Neon 86,000 miles side damage). the savvy technician that i am, i decided to change the oil myself, and in the process i striped the thread on the inside of the oil pan...oops. so when i went to put the bolt back in, it would only tighten so much, and then become loose again. but it held in place, so instead of bringing it to the shop right away, i decided to drive it around town, then 250 miles back to school with two friends, at the end of spring break. not a good idea. about 20 miles out side of town i hear a huge pop on the bottom of my car and smoke starts to blow out the back of the car.... i pull over as soon as possible, and get into a parking lot... i look under the car, and low and behold the bolt is missing... silly me. so with the help of my father over the phone i call a tow truck to get us to tires plus (open on sundays, i never thought i would be so happy for someone to be breaking the sabbath...lol jk). turns out tires plus is a half a mile away from where we were, but the tow still cost us $75 dollars. so at this point my car is dead, i spent 75 bucks to tow it a half a mile, AND then they said it was going to cost me about 300 dollars to get the car fixed.... I was sitting in the shop waiting room with my two friends and God put a verse in my mind. something about not being anxious and peace that transends all understanding... my friend Dave knows the Bible better than i do, turns out it was Phillipians 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I sat back in that hard plastic waiting room chair and said to God:
"Father, Your in charge. obviously this is either good for me, or it will somehow help me in the long run, but regaurdless, i know that i am in Your hand. i am in Your hand, and i am not going to worry about it. its Your deal not mine."
and God said:
"I'll take that!"
and He did. and literally tears came to my eyes at the relief. and I sat beck and didn't worry about it.

1 comment: